Welding and cutting carriages
Welding and cutting carriages are making their way into the market and into factories, shipyards, oil and gas industry, steel fabrication industry and all over the world. The market is growing at an incredible rate due to the demand for high quality and efficient welding of heavy duty steel. Carriages equipment has been around for a long time and has been with us since the beginning of this century.
In fact, if you go back in time there were even shops that did not have any technology and people that had to manually weld heavy steel parts together by hand.
Today however, with 3D printing being readily available as well as CAD programs being used by most engineers, almost anyone can learn how to use modern welding equipment and be competent at it too. Carriages is the future of industrial cutting and welding.
As time goes on, more industries will embrace this technology and its benefits to our manufacturing process. It is hard to say if we will ever be able to replace all humans with robotics, but that doesn’t mean there isn’t a place for humans. Humans and robots work best when paired with each other. Robots do what they do best and humans do what they best.
With the right welding and cutting carriages solution, you can increase productivity, eliminate down time and become more efficient. With more than 30 years of experience in the welding industry.
Promotech India provide you with a wide range of different solutions from our customers’ needs. Whether it’s understanding how to use a product or giving technical advice on how to integrate this type of equipment into existing work processes, we aim at providing our customers with the best possible job.
Promotech India offers a large variety of tools which can make your life easy such as:-
- Rail Titan is a fully modular mechanized tractor that can be custom configured for TIG-MIG-MAG welding, oxy-fuel or plasma cutting and gouging applications on flat or curved plate, tube and pipe.
- The Mini Spider is a battery-powered welding tractor designed to produce continuous fillet welds using MIG/MAG torches. The torch can be easily swapped from one side of Mini Spider to another.
Gecko / Gecko HS
- Gecko is capable of going 220 cm (86.6 inches) per minute horizontally. That is an extraordinary speed that will surely increase the efficiency of any production process. This feature allows the Gecko welding carriage to be used for both speed welding and plasma cutting.
- Lizard is a portable, programmable welding tractor designed to produce consistently high-quality welds. Friction drive and control loop feedback mechanism provides speed stabilization in all positions. The unit enables weld bead geometry that is exact to the required specifications, substantially reducing costly over welding and decreasing filler metal usage.
- Rail bull is a track carriage designed for plate beveling/beveling or establishing groove and fillet welds with or without oscillation using MIG/MAG welding torches. The machine can work in PA (flat), PB (horizontal vertical), PC (horizontal), PD, PE (overhead), PF (vertical up) and PG (vertical down) welding positions.
Rail Bull 2
- Rail Bull 2 Automated welding and cutting tractor – Rail Bull 2 can be custom configured for a variety of welding, thermal cutting and gouging applications on flat or curved plate, tube and pipe. It’s suitable for all welding positions on both ferromagnetic and non-ferromagnetic materials. Rail bull 2 is the best choice for your cutting and welding automation process.
- OSC-8 is suitable for MIG/MAG automated processes in heavy fabrication industries such as: pipeline and bridge construction, shipbuilding and tank welding.
- Rail Tug is a digitally controlled tractor designed for the mechanization of welding and thermal cutting processes. Featuring a rack and pinion drive system with electronic speed control, the Rail Tug creates weld bead geometry which is exact to your specifications, reducing costly over welding and decreasing filler metal usage.