Lizard | Programmable Welding Carriage
LIZARD is a portable, programmable welding tractor / welding carriage designed to produce consistently high-quality welds. Friction drive and control loop feedback mechanism provides speed stabilization in all positions. The unit enables weld bead geometry that is exact to the required specifications, substantially reducing costly over welding and decreasing filler metal usage.
LIZARD portable welding carriage can be programmed in continuous or stitch welding modes and welder friendly two function buttons enable programming of selected welding patterns and parameters such as weld length, distance between welds, reverse fill, crater fill time and others. LIZARD travels at full speed between stitches, which saves valuable welding time A very important optional feature of LIZARD is oscillation attachment to produce weave welds.
The unit can identify its connection automatically and configure suitable operating modes. Torch oscillator increases significantly functionality of Lizard welding tractor by allowing it to operate in most out-of-position welding jobs.
The newest improved guide arms family makes a proper welding tractor positioning even easier.
- 7 different guide types are dedicated to various welding applications and positions
- include a number of fixing grooves for your convenience
- enable simpler, easier and more consistent adjustment of how guide arms stick out
- secure proper tilting of the carriage into a direction of its movement
- maintain a permanent contact with the workpiece
- allow either interval or continuous guide arms adjustment
Primary features and benefits of Lizard:
- Compact, lightweight design with durable aluminum cast housing
- Convenient Power Supply 115-230 V 50/60 Hz
- Positive magnetic traction permits out of position use
- Magnet on/off lever permits easy set up and adjustment on work piece
- Maintenance free 4-wheel drive with worm gear reduction
- Heat resistant silicone wheels
- Quick clamping Torch Holder mechanism for different types of MIG/ MAG torches with diameters of 16-22 mm (5/8” – 7/8”); optionally up to 35 mm (1-3/8”)
- Precise torch adjustment with screw drive cross slide
- Multifunctional LCD display and 2 function buttons for welding pattern programming
- Up to 40 complete programs may be stored in non-volatile memory
- Closed loop speed control system stabilizes travel speed to reduce weld defects and costly repair work
- Consistent heat input reduces distortion
- Reduced wasted filler metal – eliminates over welding
- Automatic arc on/off system initiates welding and travel, simultaneously
- Capable of carrying and controlling 2 torches (without oscillation)
- Self-guiding roller arms eliminate the need for track
- Multi-surface guiding